Dr Jon Copeland's Team
Jon Copeland, DO, PACollege: Texas Tech University - B.S.
Medical Education: Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine - Doctor of Osteopathy
Internship: Fort Worth Osteopathic Medical Center - Rotating
Board Certification: Family Practice by the American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
Dr. Copeland has been a resident of Bridgeport and a doctor at Family Clinic since July of 1982. He is married to Paula Copeland and together they have four children. He is a clinic instructor in the Department of Family Medicine - University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX. Dr. Copeland also is on staff at North Texas Community Hospital of Bridgeport and Wise Regional Healthcare Systems of Decatur.
Russell Tanner, PA-CAfter serving his country as a PJ (Pararescue) with the United States Air Force for 24 years, P.A. Tanner retired in 1997 as a Chief Master Sergeant. Upon graduating from UT Southwestern Medical School in Dallas with a B.S. in Physician Assistant Studies, he worked with Dr. Jon Copeland at Family Clinic. P.A. Tanner has a deep and genuine interest in all aspects of medicine and successful patient diagnostics and treatment. He strives to take exceptional care of his patients' physical, spiritual and mental health and counts it a privilege to be allowed to do so.
Together with his wife, Mickey Tanner, P.A. Tanner has two sons and daughters-in-law, one daughter and son-in-law, one grandson and two grand-daughters. He loves to study and teach the Bible and spends as much time on the lake and water skiing as possible.
P.A. Tanner says of himself, "I am a disciple of Jesus Christ thinly disguised as a Physician Assistant."
Education and Certifications:
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies, University of Nebraska
- Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant Studies, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center of Dallas
- Associate of Applied Science in Rescue and Survival Operations, University of South Carolina at Columbia
- Air Force Pararescue Emergency Medicine Basic Course
- Air Force Pararescue Emergency Medicine Advance Course
- Army Special Forces Medical Dive Technician
- Army Special Forces Combat Trauma
- Advance Operational Trauma
- EMT Intermediate Level
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support Instructor
- Advance Cardiac Life Support Instructor